Argentina, Buenos Aires West Mission
May 2012 - May 2014

Monday, September 17, 2012

A Rainy Day Monday

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for all the pictures! I really wish I could've been there for it. The whole singing I Know That My Redeemer Lives was inspired by me?! Haha wow. That makes me feel pretty good (: I'm glad to hear that the baptism went so well. I hope everything else is going well at home too.

It's raining today. It's actually been raining pretty much all day, and it's been raining hard. We'll have to watch out for floods if this keeps up. The reason I'm emailing so late today is because we were all out at a member's place today helping him build one of those shops that looks like a giant tin can that's been cut in half. We were doing that for most of the first part of the day, so we're having a kind of backwards prep day. Everything's been good here, though. Elder Thayne and I have been walking a lot. He doesn't have a bike helmet, so he can't really ride. That's fine with both of us. Neither of us like riding bikes =P. We figure it's good to get our feet in shape for Argentina too. We still don't have any serious investigators, but that's okay. I'm not worried too much about that. I'm just trying to enjoy my time here the best I can. We get to go to the temple on Friday! I'm really excited for that. I know it will help me a lot.

So I got the picture off Elder Thayne's camera. This was from my last day in Lorna before I got moved up here. We went to a restaurant called Full Moon Bar-B-Q. That's what I ate. I ate all of it too (:. I've never SEEN a potato that big! It was twice the size of my head!

Anyways, everything is going well. Although I am exhausted, I am happy. I am enjoying myself here. Thank you all for all the support you have given me lately. And yes, I got the cookies. They were very good. Thank you (:.

Well, I don't think there's anything else particularly exciting to talk about. I hope to hear from everyone again soon! I love you all! (:

Love always, Elder Jacob Bentz

P.S. Sydney needs to write me!! (:



Full Moon Bar-B-Q  -  Now that's a PoTaTo!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is one BIG potato! Glad to hear that Elder Jacob is enjoying serving the people. Carry on carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a football, not a potato...

    ReplyDelete