Argentina, Buenos Aires West Mission
May 2012 - May 2014

Monday, January 7, 2013

Transfers....New Companion!

Family,

Well, I guess I'll tell you the news you've all been waiting for, if you don't already know. I'm staying in Rivadavia another transfer more, but this time with a new companion!! His name's Elder Dressler, from California. He is AWESOME. We get along really well and have a lot of fun, but at the same time we work really hard. We completed 100% on our numbers, with only three days to do it all. I'm really excited to see what we'll be able to do this transfer. Oh, by the way, we did all that work with me not being able to eat anything for two days straight. I was having some really ugly stomach problems, so I called the area doctor and he told me some medicine to take, and also to eat absolutely nothing the first day, very light foods (like crackers) the second, and the third day back to normal. All I could do was drink as much liquid as I possibly could. It was HARD, but I'm better now. Mostly. It's still just as hot, humid, and air conditioning-less as ever, but I'm a lot happier now. I'm finally finding out what it means to be "lost in the work." Elder Dressler's technically the senior companion, but I've really been the senior companion because he's brand new to the area. It was super hard at first, having to know who to put in the daily plans, having to know everything about all our baptismal dates, having to know how to get around the area, how to find people, what members to go out with, things like that. But I am getting a lot better at it all. They say everyone needs to be prepared to train by march because we'll be getting a TON of new missionaries. I hope I'll be ready. Everything else has been good so far, other than the stomach problems. Oh, just an idea for sending me music: if you use mp3 cds it would be a lot easier, because you can put a lot more songs onto one cd. Well, I think that's it for now. Look forward to talking to you next week. I love you all!

This is Elder Dressler, my new companion.
Guess where he's from.... CARLSBAD!!!
 
My old district

this highway is ALWAYS super busy.
This is what it looked like new year's day.

My old Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment