Argentina, Buenos Aires West Mission
May 2012 - May 2014

Monday, August 5, 2013

The Power of Prayer


family,
Well, it's been a pretty good week. The beginning was pretty normal. Then one night, one of the lessons we had fell through. So we decided to go see an inactive family we'd been trying to contact for a long time. It was already kinda late, so we didn't think they'd open (the people here don't tend to open the door after dark. And it gets dark really early). But we went to their house, and they let us in. Turns out, the mom and the grandma are baptized but the kids of the mom aren't. We gave them a really good lesson about the temple and about being sealed together forever. It's something they all really want. We have a baptismal date for the kids at the end of the month. gosh I hope it actually happens... anyways, nothing else really interesting happened until Sunday, which was the baptism of Victor Breppe. It was such a spiritual experience. It was the most spiritual baptism I've ever seen until now. For a musical number, we did a medley of i love to see the temple and families can be together forever. e' santizo played piano, i sang/played the flute, and the other two elders sang. Then Nicolás, Victor's son, baptized him. Everyone was crying, including me. Then after, the whole family got up to share their testimony. And we all cried some more haha. It was incredible. And all because we went to their house one day and challenged them to pray for their dad. now, I'm not saying it was because we went there. He probably would've gotten baptized anyway. but, I'm so grateful that heavenly father allowed me to be a tool in his hands to be able to witness this miracle. they all want me to come back to see their sealing in a year from now. I don't know how I'm going to do that, but I'll do all I can to be able to see it. Well, i hope y'all have a great week. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment