Argentina, Buenos Aires West Mission
May 2012 - May 2014

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Praying for an Assignment


Hello family!
So, first item of interesting news, me and my companion were called to be zone leaders last sunday. I was quite surprised by the call, but I kinda saw it coming a long time ago. I'm actually pretty excited about it because we are responsible for helping the new missionaries get comfortable with the mtc and for taking care of the rest of the zone. Me and elder sturgell were already doing that (even though it wasn't our "responsibility") so I saw it coming. We are getting a new district in today, so we go tonight to meet with them and to tell them they will still be alive tomorrow morning. Then tomorrow night, we get to give them a tour of the mtc. Should be fun! Another interesting thing, for our fireside last night, we had L. Tom Perry as our speaker and all but two of the Quoram of the Twelve on the stand. They are all here for the new mission president's seminar. It was really cool to see them all in person in the same room (even if the room is the size of a small stadium).
    It sounds like the entire house is switching around! Bet everyone's having fun with that. I thought you were giving my drums to Ryan Freeman, but thats awesome that Eli got them! It's really good to see others in our family start to pursue musical hobbies. I'm glad my drums can be the potential start of something amazing for Eli. I didn't know that being able to play guitar was one of Jamie's aspirations. I hope she sticks with it!
   I canot believe that my time here is almost up. It literally feels like last week that I was being dropped off at the curb by the Halligans wondering how I'd ever find my way around this place because all the buildings look the same. It's all become quite routine now, and I am very ready to move on to the real thing. If I'm not meant to go to Argentina for a while longer yet, I at least want to be reasigned somewhere that I can do real work. I've heard of a lot of people that have to stay in the mtc for a lot of extra time. I do not want that to happen to me. Please pray for me so that I'll be able to start doing real work as soon as possible.  
     I hope that out in the field I'll be able to use my talents a LOT more than I have here. Tell Brother Canon thank you for his comment about me sounding better than half the choir! Though, there are some REALLY good singers in there. I wish I had more I could talk about, but every day here is pretty much the exact same thing. Hope to hear from everyone soon. Love you all!
para siempre dios este con vos
Love, Elder Jacob Bentz

1 comment:

  1. Elder Jacob is doing fantastic! I think that it is cool that he was already doing the "taking care" part without being asked. Good job Mom and Dad. Good training at home. Still praying for the Visa to be ready by the 17th.

    ReplyDelete