Argentina, Buenos Aires West Mission
May 2012 - May 2014

Tuesday, November 13, 2012


family,
 
Wow, I can't believe Jenna's already finished with treatment. How amazing is that?! Time flies. Weird to think that Emma will be SIXTEEN by the time I get home, huh? (; We`re all getting so old! Thank you for all the pics! OH speaking of which, I do have multiple Christmas package requests, if you can manage: A photobook of all the happenings of this year like the one you sent me out with, another pair of pants, and my leatherman. (: please and thank you! Oh an another heads up, I will be able to skype home on Christmas if I can find a member who has a computer with a web cam. I'm not sure how exactly we're going to arrange it, but we'll figure that out later. Our search for a new place to stay continues. We've found some good places, but due to technicalities of the rules of the mission for paying for an apartment, we haven't been able to rent them. So, we're still looking. The reason for the short-ness of the email is so I'll have enough time to send my pictures home. My hope is that the pictures tell just as much of a story as the email (: I hope you've been enjoying them. I have heard a tiny little bit about the unrest in Buenos Aires, but not much. I don't know if it's something I should be concerned about? One of the members was telling us that she thinks there's going to be a revolution, but I don't know how real that statement is. I haven't personally seen any effects from it. Usually our Pdays consist of emailing, shopping, and washing clothes. A lot of times (like today) we have to go to the mission office to get things, which is about an hour-hour and a half trip one way. So it also consists of a lot of traveling. We had another baptism Sunday! We baptized Luana, a daughter of one of the members. Everything went very well once again (minus the water all over the floor this time =P). I sang Yo Sé Qué Vive Mí Señor (I know That My Redeemer Lives). Speaking of singing.... I have an interesting story for you. I got a call last night from Sister Carter. She told me that she'd heard that I sing. I confirmed this and she asked if I could come down to the offices tomorrow to help with a "project." I came today, and Elder Smith from the MTC and some other missionaries were there. For next Monday, we put together a musical program. The wife of a mission president of another mission is sick and in a hospital here in buenos aires. We're going to do a 30 minute program for the hospital. I will be singing Savior, Redeemer of my Soul from the movie 17 Miracles, and we're doing some other songs besides that. Also, we brainstormed a program for our Christmas activity. I offered to play my rendition of What Child Is This. I'm sure you'll be seeing pictures of us on the Sister Carter's blog. I'm reeealy excited!! (: well, I just want to say that I miss you all, and I hope all is well at home with all of the craziness going on. My love and best wishes to everyone. I love you all!!

Luana's Baptism

Our transportation...other than our feet ;)

What's Up?

No comments:

Post a Comment